In some cases, surgery is the only option to take care of hemorrhoids that simply won’t go away. There are several types of surgeries available to treat hemorrhoids, including:
- Injections into the hemorrhoid vein.
- Sclerotherapy – this process involves an injection of a saline solution into the hemorrhoid vein, flushing out the blood and leading to shrinkage.
- Rubber band litigation – a constricting band is used to stop the blood flow into the hemorrhoid, causing it to shrivel and fall off. Ever hear of how they neutered dogs in the olden days? Use your imagination and this knowledge.
- Laser coagulation – lasers plus hemorrhoids equals annihilation.
- Hemorrhoidectomy – simply put, the hemorrhoid is cut out.
- Infrared photocoagulation – heat from infrared light is used to cause scar tissue, which cuts off the hemorrhoid’s blood supply.
I know—none of these sound like fun. But if they get rid of the hemorrhoids, they’re worth it…right?