Several months ago, I wrote a blog post about green poop. I found out some more info about colored bowel movements and thought it would be best for me to share it with you here.
Here are reasons that you may be passing green stools:
- Food passed through your digestive system too quickly due to food poisoning, allergies, or a stomach virus
- You've been taking supplements or vitamins with iron
- You've consumed too many green veggies and not enough grains
- You've been consuming a lot of sugar
- You recently participated in a liver/gallbladder cleanse
- You take algae or chlorophyll supplements
If you can connect your green poo to something you've recently eaten, don't sweat it. There's really nothing to worry about. However, if you consistently have green bowel movements, you may want to go ahead and talk to your doctor about your colorful issue.
(Picture Credit: GeeksToy)