- Keep in mind that moisture control is the key to regulating mold indoors.
- As soon as you notice leaks, condensation, or spills, wipe them up.
- Invest in a dehumidifier (especially if you live in a high-humidity area) to help clear moisture out of your home's air.
- Run your air conditioner as it's needed, but be sure to clean or change the A/C filters often.
- While showering, ventilate the bathroom with a fan.
- Use tea tree oil in your ventilation system to help control bacteria and mold growth.
- Have your home tested for mold spores, especially if you live in a particuarly humid area.
- Invest in an air purification system that includes negative ions, UV, and HEPA filter technology.
Make sense? Go to it!
(Picture Credit: EcoHomeResource.com)